Harold E. Collins
- Born November 25, 1936
- Married to Marilyn A. Collins for 52 years (deceased 6-7-2011), three children and nine grandchildren.
- Married to Friederike Thibault (2016 -)
- Flossmoor, Illinois resident for over 50 years with other long term secondary residences in Chicago, IL (30 years) and Scottsdale, AZ (20 years)
- University of Illinois – Champaign-Urbana (Law School), L.L.B., 1961
- University of Illinois – Champaign-Urbana (Business School), B.S., 1958
- Illinois Army National Guard Officer Candidate School – Springfield, IL 1959
- Licensed by the Supreme Courts of the United States and Illinois and subordinate Federal and Illinois Courts
- Life Member – Chicago Bar Association
- Veteran – Illinois Army National Guard, First Lieutenant Finance Corps. 1958 – 1964
- 2014 Author, “A Widower’s Journey In Faith, Love & Good Humor”
- 1995 Author, “Rich and Judgment Proof” (a book on creditor protection estate and financial planning concepts for high risk business and professional persons)
- Life Member – University of Illinois President’s Counsel and Illinois Connection
- Honorary Member – Varsity “I” Men’s Association of University of Illinois
- Member – Olympia Fields Country Club (45 years),
- 1961 – 1962: Trust Department, American National Bank and Trust Company of Chicago, Illinois –
Banking, Corporation Finance and Securities Underwriting
- 1963 – 1967: Associate Attorney, Jurco, Damisch & Sinson, Chicago, Illinois –
General Law Practice
- 1967 – 1970: Second Vice-President, The Northern Trust Company, Chicago,
Illinois – Estate and Financial Planning for high net worth individuals
- 1970 – 1972: Partner, Jurco & Collins, Chicago, Illinois General Law Practice
- 1973 – 1990: Harold E. Collins & Associates, Ltd.,
Chicago, Illinois – General Law Practice
- 1985 – Present: President, Dearborn Financial Services Corp., Chicago, Illinois –
Venture Capital Investments, Management Consulting and Publishing
(Company owned by Collins)
- 1990 – 2009: Managing Partner, Collins & Collins, Chicago, Illinois – General Law Practice with sons Michael R. Collins and John P. Collins.
- 2009 – Present: Of Counsel with Collins & Collins
- 1958 – 1964: First Lieutenant, Finance Corps, Illinois Army National Guard.
- 1965 – 1968: Chairman, Zoning Board of Appeals, Hazel Crest, Illinois.
- 1970 – 1976: Instructor of Commercial Law and Negotiable Instruments for
American Institute of Banking, Thornton Community College, Chicago Heights, Illinois.
- 1970 – 1974: Director, Secretary, Majority Shareholder and General Counsel,
State Savings and Loan Association, Cicero, Illinois – Sold to
Crawford Savings & Loan Association in 1974.
- 1971 – 1973: Director and Corporate Counsel, Kropp Forge Co., Chicago, Illinois
(a public company manufacturing forgings, castings and metal finishing).
- 1975 – 1982: Director, Majority Shareholder, Chairman of Executive Committee
and General Counsel, Antioch Savings & Loan Association, Antioch, Illinois
– Sold to Central National Bank in 1982.
- 1977 – 1987: Secretary and General Counsel, A. J. Saric Engineers, Inc., Chicago,
Illinois (Professional Engineering).
- 1978 – 1982: Director, Majority Shareholder, Chairman of the Board, President
and General Counsel, Bank of Hillside – Sold to Central National Bank in 1982.
- 1981 – 1982: Director, General Counsel and Majority Shareholder, Antioch Trust Company
(Organized Independent Community Trust Company). Sold to Waukegan Bank in 1982.
- 1981 – 2019: Director and Corporate Counsel, Cook-Illinois Corp., Oak Brook, Illinois
(School Bus Company and Napa Valley vineyard and winery).
- 1982 – 1992: Consultant and Corporate Counsel, Becky Bisioulis, Inc., Chicago, Illinois
(Couture Women’s Wear Design and Manufacturer).
- 1984 – 1988: Secretary and Corporate Counsel, Exzel Systems, Inc., Chicago, Illinois
- 1985 – 1992: President and Director, Urologic Surgical Devices Corp. Chicago, Illinois
(Design and Development of Medical Instruments and procurement of FDA approval, for Prostate Cancer Treatment).
- 1986 – 2019: Investor, Director and Corporate Counsel,
North Shore & Central Illinois Freight Co., Summit, Illinois (Trucking) (Michael R. Collins is President and Director of this family owned business).
- 1987 – 1988: Investor, Vice President and Director, ECS International, Ltd., Chicago, Illinois
(Solar Energy Remote Control Emergency Courtesy Signals) – Sold in 1988.
- 1987 – 1988: Partner and General Counsel of Solid Fill, Inc.
in the procurement, zoning, licensing and sale of 200 acres to Waste Management, Inc. as sanitary landfill in Gary, Indiana.
- 1990 – 2004: Managing General Partner, Hawthorn Lithotripter Partners
(Mobile Lithotripter placed in service by 25 urologists at 12 hospitals).
Sold in 2004.
- 1993 – 1994: Director and Corporate Counsel, American Health Care Providers, Inc.
(HMO and Managed Health Care Company).
- 1993 – 1998: Investor, Director, General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer,
Physicians Management of Indiana, Inc.
(medical real estate properties, Munster, Indiana).
- 1993 – 2006: Investor, Director, General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer,
Illiana Surgery and Medical Center, L.L.C.
(Surgical Hospital, Surgery Centers, Rehab and Physician Practice, Munster management, Indiana).
Sold in 2006 to private investor group.
- 1994 – 2004: Managing General Partner and Investor, Osteoporosis Clinics of America, L.P.
(Mobile Bone Densitometry and Calcium Pills). Sold in 2004.
- 1997 – 2005: Managing General Partner and Investor, BPH Partners – I, L.P.
(Mobile Prostatron for treatment of Benign Prostate Hypertrophy).
Sold in 2005.
- 2003 – 2006: Secretary and Board Member, Women’s Wellness Center, P.C.
Sold in 2006 (Nine member OB/GYN medical practice).
- 2003 – 2018: Investor, Director and General Counsel, Justice Med-Surg, Inc. (Outpatient Surgery Center) (Sold 2019).
- 2003 – 2006: Investor, Director and General Counsel, 81st & Kean Building, L.L.C.
(Medical Office Building and Management Services). Sold in 2006.
- 2007 – 2017: Corporate Counsel – Broadwest Specialty Surgical Center, LLC.
- 2015 – Present: Trustee of the Flossmoor Historical Society Trust